Thursday, January 8, 2009

Westie Rescue!


We have branched out to help dogs in need here at White Diamond Terriers!
Pictured here is a local rescue Westie by the name of Piper, of course this was after I spent 1.5hrs cleaning him up and grooming him!!!
Piper is 5 years old and was purchased for breeding purposes two years ago by a local woman wanting to make extra money. She decided she had no time for him and locked him away in the garage. Piper was found two days ago in four lane traffic in Richland Washington after he had escaped from the person walking him. A woman from POPP (pet over population prevention) called Seattle pure bred rescue and they in turned called me as I had made a charitable contribution last year and care deeply for my breeds! Tonight we went over and collected Piper from his owner, I got him home and cleaned up so he will be ready to fly to Seattle this weekend where pure breed rescue will find him the perfect home. I will have pictures of course when he meets his new owners. Piper was not abused except for maybe lack of attention and needing some grooming, what a hairy monster he was! He is a real charmer and loves attention. If you have been following my blog regularly you will know my 12 year old Norwich Terrier Peanut. I sent Peanut out to play with him after his bath and grooming. It was kind of funny to watch them say hello... sniffing each other like only dogs can do. Piper must have thought Peanut was fair game for breeding but Peanut let him know in no certain terms she was not interested and put him in his place! lol

No comments: