Friday, February 29, 2008

My new toy.... and our association meeting.




Today was the debut of my new toy... Yesterday I bought a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 which came with plenty of extra's. An extra brand new front and rear tire on rims and two helmets. The seller of this motorcycle also had a full set of leathers and a motorcycle stand which I purchased at a very reasonable price. Today I got all dressed for safety and the early spring weather to ride down to our work sponsored association meeting. I think I surprised a number of my co-workers showing up in full leather as most believe me to be pretty conservative. It was pretty fun but a little nerve racking as I don't have a ton of experience riding one of the most powerful and heaviest motorcycles in production.


As I mentioned today was our work sponsored association meeting. Every two months we are allowed to have a meeting to discuss work related issues. I took it upon myself with some help from a few co-workers to organize a meeting at a local restaurant and invite a guest speaker to talk about Hanford traffic issues and upcoming resolutions. As you can see we had a really good turn out to include my car pooler Pat and his new baby Cloe. I have also included a really nice picture of one of my other co-workers holding Cloe so Pat and his wife Janis could eat there lunch.


No comments: