Sunday, August 29, 2010

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?





This is 9 year old Sunny and his new brother Teddy...

Hi Chris,


Well our first week went well. I am pretty tired though. Keeping up with this little one takes some energy. He is very spirited.


I gated him in my bath with Sunny and zipped him in his kennel with my closet door open (sunny loves to lie in his bed in my closet). Teddy found a way to
unzip the bag and was loose in the area with Sunny. Fortunately, Sunny was kind and did not bother him but Teddy managed to pull down some of my clothes
that hang on a low rod. I have devised a better plan for the times we are out of the house. We got a new gate and keep Teddy in the bath by himself with all
the doors closed. Sunny hangs out on the other side of the gate for now.


Sunny is basically ignoring Teddy. When Teddy approaches him, he just walks the other way. He has been very nice to share his car seat and his stroller with Teddy.
He doesn't seem to mind sharing as long as Teddy doesn't jump on him.


Teddy is getting used to going on the area we have designated for potty. It is artificial grass and he is doing well using the potty patch we bought. We keep it in the bathroom
for those late night potties. It worked great last night. He went on it right away. Yeah! Teddy is doing great on our walks too. He is doing well on his leash and just follows
Sunny. I am very pleased with his progress. He had his vet check and another at the end of the month. All went well. Everyone at the vet office just fell in love with him.
We have also taken them to the mall a couple of times , outdoor restaurants, the art show and Home Depot and have done a lot of driving with them in the car. Sunny has not trembled at all. I think he is cured!!! Teddy is doing so great with all of it. I figured I would expose him to our life right away and he seems to love it. We get stopped constantly with people asking about them. We have lots of
dog lovers around here.


That's the updated. Here are a few pics for you. Have a great day. syl

No comments: