Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gracie grows up!



Gracie is all of 4 weeks old now and doing very well. So well in fact I found her out of the whelping box again tonight. Her mother Madison is wanting to spend more time out and about now playing with the others but still attends to her puppies every need. Gracie really chows down on her gruel (dog food and goats milk with esbalac) as you can see for yourself. She motors around in the whelping box and can be a little harder to catch these days for her bottle feeding.. I know your thinking "bottle feeding at 4 weeks old" ok, what can I say, I am a sucker for babying Gracie and enjoy bottle feeding her still. I suspect she will be in her new diggs, a puppy pen by mid week. I want to give her a little more time to strengthen her legs for the grading in the pen. Gracie is a very strong 17oz. now.

No comments: