Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cassie goes to the beach... in her own words!







Dear Uncle Chris,
I just had to write you again because I’m getting to be such a BIG girl now! There has been a lot going on here especially with the UO Hawaii Club Luau last weekend. I got to help with the decorating at Mac Court and enjoyed a lot of time with family visiting from Hawaii and California. I even went to an outdoor ‘lounge’ in Eugene and ‘ate’ at a restaurant overlooking the Siuslaw River in Florence. My good manners are really paying off BIG TIME!

I’m still enjoying my clicker training and have added ‘heel’, ‘fetch’ and ‘step up’ (the motorhome steps) to my bag of tricks. It’s still a little scary to ‘step down’ the RV steps – maybe when I’m a little bigger than my now 5 ½ pounds. Mom & Dad still keep me going over all of the old skills just to keep me in practice. My ‘sit’ has improved to a big girl sit instead of my old ‘lazy puppy’ sit. I’d do just about anything to keep those kibble treats coming my way!

Today was another FIRST in my adventures – the BEACH. There was a bit of fog, but the sea birds were out in force and it was great fun to see them fly out of my way. There were also a lot of fun sand dunes to climb and I just LOVE to climb to the tops of any hill. The view is soooo much better from up high. The smells, too! I hope you enjoy these pictures even though I keep acting a pointer when I’m doing something new.

I’ll write again soon. In the meantime, I’m sending hugs your way. Cassie

Bill & Debbie Whittaker (and Cassie, too!)

No comments: