Sunday, December 21, 2008

First REAL snow of 2008..




Yes, we did have a little snow before last night but now we have alot of snow at least for the great Columbia Basin anyway... I would say we received 6-8 inches of snow last night, at least in most areas of the yard. The pictures you see here are of my home AFTER I dug out the pathway to the street so I could stand in far enough away to get a good picture. The temperatures are still in the teens so the snow will be with us for some time to come. We are well know though for strong Chinook winds which would be a warm wind that comes through and melts most of our snow when we receive it or really makes a mess by melting our snow just enough to make a mess! I remember in my younger days of driving in the slushfest... try to get my tires up on the slush to where I could spray cars coming the opposite direction. Trust me... I was not the only driver working on this! Ahhh winter fun in the Tri-Cities.

No comments: